Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 9 - Sweat


Well, I started my work out late today. Our transformer blew last night right before I went to bed, so I woke my parents up hollering from the kitchen. Go figure, the one time I leave my phone in the other room, something blows up and sends the whole neighborhood into darkness. While I did go to bed at a decent hour, my work out buddy, aka mom, didn't get much sleep, so she refused to work out before napping. I figured I would wait until she woke up and try to encourage her to join, but she bailed anyway and just watched me the whole time.

I have concluded that I would much rather work out first thing in the morning oppose to early evening. In the morning, I eat a small but satisfying breakfast, wait 30mins to an hour, then get rollin', but in the evening, I just feel fatigued and less motivated to do a work out. Won't be doing that again, unless absolutely necessary!

The work out was a bit tougher than usual. My asthma was being particularly fussy today which left me very short of breath quite often. I did push through and do everything 99% except the running lunges. Those always have a profound effect on my asthma, and with it already flared up today, it just WAS NOT happening.

Power yoga is still a bitch, though I did -almost- make the downward dog leg up into the runners pose this time! All of the hanging around with my head below my waist gives me a killer headache, though. Granted, it dissipates as soon as I am standing upright for a few moments, but it is still hard to focus when you feel the blood racing through your head! As much as a loathe the headache and pain in my arms, I do love how stretched out my body feels after the 5 minutes of hell!

Kickboxing went good. I am terrible at balancing when I do side kicks, though! Other than that, I'm just working on keeping my fists and arms in the proper posture when doing punches. It's getting better!

Aaaaand alas, CRUNCHES...
Oh boy did I feel them today. I can tell that I had a day off, because it's like my muscles are rehurting all over again. ;(
I did about 70/100 crunches, but I did them darn well. Note to self, tuck my shirt into my shorts, because I manage to slide across the floor in fullbody crunches. Darn those heavy thighs.

------------

Last nights eating habits were pretty well. I had an egg, a biscuit, and some sausage for breakfast. About an hour after, I worked out, then had a few almonds while updating this. Then I showered and relaxed for another 2 hours or so and had lunch, which was the worst meal of the day! I had a piece of left over pizza. Then about 2 hours later, I had a couple triskets and muenster cheese. Then 3 hours later, an awesome dinner which consisted of a small piece of grilled steak, a few little shrimps sauteed in olive oil, some steamed potatos and green beans, and some peas. Kept me full for the next 5ish hours until bed.

Until tomorrow, au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment