Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Days 1-7

Since I already finished week 1, I just want to document my measurements and thoughts so that I have a foundation. I am not weighing myself on any regular basis, as I am more interested in how my body changes oppose to how my weight fluctuates. I will however take a weight measurement afterwards to see how the numbers and inches correlate!

1/18
Chest: 49"
R. Arm: 18"
L. Arm: 17"
Waist: 51"
Hips: 63"
R. Thigh: 31.75"
L. Thigh: 31.5"
Weight: 276lbs

Day 1 was Sculpt/strength training and Day 2 Cadio &Abs I took very easy, just getting the hang of the program.

Sculpt was not too bad, I definitely felt the work out and can easily accommodate it to be easier or more difficult as I progress. The push ups definitely kick my tail. I can do a pathetic 1 with good standard form. Rather than have poor form and sore shoulders, I have opted to do the push ups against the wall until I am strong enough to do them properly. They are still challenging but do not stress my arms as much. The rest of the routine went smoothly, but as I said, the intensity is completely up to me with the amount of resistance I choose, and number of reps (they do 15 typically). Over the course of the week, I definitely improved. I went from a 15 second wall sit to 37 seconds, and each day, the push ups get easier!

Cardio & Abs was not as nice to me. It starts off with power yoga for flexibility, which is really hard on my upper body. I have a lot of weight to hold up, so doing several downward facing dogs really tires my arms, but I am definitely trying to tough it out. I cannot do a downward facing dog into a leg raise into runners pose. I just cannot swing my leg forward, but I am sure it will come with time, and a smaller gut to get out of the way of my leg! I never thought high knees would be so difficult, but I noticed that my arms are pathetic and get tired into the first minute, and I got short winded within the first 2. By Day 3 of cardio, I did do the full 4 minutes of knees, with half of that using my arms. The jumping jacks and running lunges are hard on my asthma, but I am toughing it out and it is definitely getting easier for me. I am still getting used to the kickboxing portion, so I am focusing a lot on just trying to keep my form. The crunches go pretty well. 10 sets of 10, all different positions. I definitely have the most trouble with the bicycle and the leg raises. The rest are pretty alright, I definitely feel it after!

Today is my day off, so I allowed myself to have a comfort food, aka my favorite pizza! I did still enjoy it in moderation, however. I won't be measuring myself every week, likely not again until day 30, but I did measure my waist and hips today to see if I had any change, because I definitely feel like I have...and here's the results!

1/24
Waist: 49.5", lost 1.5"!
Hips: Still 63" ;(

Tomorrow starts week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment